Llandudno 2-1 Holyhead Hotspur
Llandudno survived an early scare through Deion Evans, who scored via a set piece. John Owen would equalise for the home side before Lee Thomas scored the winner just before half time.

Flint Town Unied 1-5 Bala Town
Summer signing Chris Venables scored a hatrick as the misfiring Lakesiders found their shooting boots in a rampant victory. Mike Hayes and Lee Hunt were the other scorers for Bala whilst Richie Foulkes scored a penalty for the home side.

Cambrian & Clydach BGC 1-3 Barry Town United. (AET)
Both sides scored in the ninenty minutes, with Kareem Leigh scoring in the second half before Jordan Cotterill and Drew Fahiya scored in extra time to put themselves into the second round.

Guilsfield FC 2-1 Airbus UK Broughton

Airbus were the giant killing of the round as they lost to Cymru Alliance side Guilsfield. James Murphy of the Wingmakers scored in the twenty first minute to put the Welsh Premier League side ahead, but Adam Jenkins levelled for the home side before Andy Ford scored with a tap-in in the second half to cause an upset.

Abergavenny Town 1-2 Goytre FC(AET)
Welsh Football League Division Three side Abergavenny Town narrowly lost to Division One Side Goytre. Craig Norman scored from the spot to setup a dream start before Lewis Sommers equalised. Dan MacDonald would put the home side into the lead in extra time as the Abergavenny defence failed to deal with a throwing, with Dan MacDonald using the most of his height to score with a header.

READ  #JDWelshCup Treowen Stars v Ton Pentre

Haverfordwest County 6-2 Port Talbot Town

The two relegated Premier League sides clashed in a match that saw the Bluebirds dominate the whole match.Rhydian Davies, Steffan Davies and Rhys Dalling were on the score sheet for the home side whilst Tyler Aylward and Tom Barber scored for Port Talbot.


Caernarfon Town 1-5 Rhyl FC
Rhyl continued their good form by inflicting a crushing defeat on fellow North Walian side Caernarfon. Dan Collins, Rio Ahmadi, Kristian Pierce and Tom Hartley scored for Rhyl whilst Clivee Williams was unfortunate to score an own goal.

Cardiff Metropolitan 5-0 Taffs Well

Cardiff Met inflicted a heavy defeat on Division One side Taffs Well who played a youthful side. Met who have only scored the once this season will hope that this will inspire the team to go on to score more in the league. Will Evans, John Littlemore and Dan Spencer were on the score for the Met.

Holywell Town 3-5 Cefn Druids
A goalscoring feast was on hand as Holywell Town battled well with promoted Cefn Druids.Connor Littler scored a hatrick for the home side whilst Adam Eden, Corey Roper, Ashley Ruane, Steve Blenkensopp and Mike Pritchard scored for the victors.

Penrhyncoch 1-2 Aberystwyth Town

Aberyswyth were the victors infront of a crowd of 415 at Cae Baker as two local rivals faced off against each other. Chris Jones scored with a long range effort which took a deflection for the away side, whilst Mark Gornall levelled from the spot for the Roosters.

Blake Davies added to his tally for Aber by scoring the winner.

READ  Diary of a Football Manager- Gwynfor Edwards at Kidwelly Town AFC

Pontypridd Town 2-4 Newtown
Pontypridd Town lost by only two goals as after their second year invite to the competition. Luke Boundford got the ball rolling for Newtown in the early minutes of the game before Luke Gullick equalised, but that was short lived as Jamie Price equalised minutes after.As the two sides went in at the break at 2-1 to Newtown, Ross Stephens scored early on in the second half. Matthew Hibbs would pull one back for the home side before Bounford would double his tally for the night.

Prestatyn Town 4-4 Bangor City
(Bangor City win 3-1 on penalties)

The game of the round had to be Prestatyn against Bangor, where Prestatyn would overturn a three goal deficit to miss out on penalties.

Shaun Cavanagh opened the scoring early on in the fourth minute before debutant Rodrigo Branco Araujo made it two-nil in the 34th minute. Sion Bradley would score to put the Citizens 3-0 in the lead at the break.

As the second half started, the Seasiders would come out with all guns blazing with Jack Kenny scoring early on. Liam Smith would score on his debut to make it 3-2. O’Neill would score from a corner in the 75th minute to make the score all square.

As the game went into extra time, goal scoring threat Jordan Davies would blaze a penalty wide.This would come to haunt Prestatyn as Oscar Durnin would score to put the away side in the lead but in dramatic fashion with only one minute to go, Kenny would score to make it 4-4.

READ  Risca United boss Simon Berry has ambitions of a Division One return

Sion Cavanagh would score the decisive penalty to put Bangor City through, with three penalties to Prestatyn’s one.


Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.