Nomads issue statement on ownership transition
Following media speculation JD Welsh Premier League side Connah’s Quay Nomads have issued a statement regarding the club’s future ownership.
The club has confirmed current owner Gary Dewhurst is to step away from the two-time Europa League qualifying outfit, which will be transitioned to a community-based structure over a prospective period of 12-18 months.
The club has moved to stress there will be no immediate impact to its affairs, with contracts and expectations for the season still in place. It also confirmed the primary transition will be focused on the legal aspect of ownership.
The full statement, published on Connah’s Quay’s official website, reads;
“Further to recent speculation in the media, the Club would like to comment regarding plans to transition Connah’s Quay Nomads to a community run club.
Firstly, it is important to stress that there will be no immediate reduction in funding – contracts will be honoured and expectations for management and player performance will remain for this and next season. This move is primarily a legal transition of ownership from a single individual to a community-based structure and will happen over the next 12-18 months, if not sooner.
Owner, Gary Dewhurst is stepping away and will gradually wind down his financial commitment to the club, hopefully to be replaced by alternate funders and sponsors.
Next year will represent 10 years of involvement for Gary and in that time there has been significant investment and progress on and off the pitch with highlights including;
• Opening of The Quay 3G facility
• Back to back winners of Huws Gray Alliance and subsequent promotion to Welsh Premier League
• Back to back UEFA Europa League qualification
• Two key wins over European opposition in the form of Stabaek and HJK Helsinki
• 32 Academy products signed to professional clubs, including standout Rhys Healey who went on to play in the English Premier League
• Over 29 Academy Graduates making first team debuts
• Over 20 Academy players selected for international duty
• Partnership established with Coleg Cambria for leading scholarship programme
• Launch of Nomads Hall of Fame
The club has reaffirmed its focus on its next game, a top of the table clash against Champions and rivals The New Saints on Tuesday 10 October for a 7:45pm kick off.
Featured Image: NCM Media