Airbus continue flying start in the Huws Gray Alliance

There was a full set of fixtures in the Huws Gray Alliance this weekend, as league leaders Airbus continued their 100% winning form with a win at Porthmadog.

Elsewhere in the division, there were wins for Bangor, Buckley and Ruthin.

Holywell 1-3 Denbigh Town

Denbigh striker Mark Roberts gave the visitors the lead on the stroke of half time. The home team was awarded a penalty nine minutes into the second half, and Sam Jones scored for the home side.

Roberts scored his second goal of the match and Denbigh re-took the lead on 70 minutes before Alfon Fosu- Mensah sealed it for the away side on 73 minutes.

Conwy Borough 2-0 Rhyl

Borough secured an impressive victory over one of the Huws Gray Alliance’ biggest sides as they defeated Rhyl 2-0. Conwy took the lead through left winger Adam Whitlock on 19 minutes, before striker Dean Seager doubled their advantage one minute into the second half.

Gresford 0-3 Bangor City

Bangor secured back-to-back victories courtesy of a 3-0 away win over Gresford in the Huws Gray Alliance.

The visitors took the lead on three minutes as former Colwyn Bay captain Sam Barnes scrambled the ball into the net to score the opening goal. Steven Hewitt doubled the Citizens’ lead just before half time and Robbie Parry got a third for the away side on 62 minutes.

Guilsfield 1-3 Buckley Town

After a goalless first half, Buckley Town took the lead on 50 minutes through Aled Bellis. Chris Roberts doubled the lead on 61 minutes, before Steve Blenkinsop pulled a goal back for the home side on 73 minutes.

READ  MATCH REPORT: FC Queens Park 1-4 Flint Town United

But Buckley secured the three points as Keiron Moore sealed it for the away side on 87 minutes

Llanrhaeadr 0-1 Flint Town United

Flint Town United secured a narrow 1-0 victory over Llanrhaeadr away from home. The away side ended the first half with 10 men as left back Sam Hart was sent off on the stroke of half time. The visitors took the lead through new signing Damien Ketley on 47 minutes, and Ketley’s goal was enough to see the away side move up to second with the win.

Porthmadog 1-2 Airbus

Airbus maintained their 100% record to start the season as they defeated Porthmadog away from home.

The Wingmakers took the lead through top goal scorer Asa Hamilton on 36 minutes, and the 100% record was under threat when the home side equalised on 58 minutes through Dale Davies. But, James Hooper won the game on 80 minutes for the league leaders.

Prestatyn 2-3 Ruthin

Ruthin defeated Prestatyn 3-2 on Saturday, as the Seasiders’ poor early season form continued in the Huws Gray Alliance.

Ruthin took the lead on 25 minutes through Tom Williams and Mathew Evans doubled the away side’s lead on the stroke of half time. Llyr Morris added a third for the away side as Ruthin went 3-0 ahead.

However, the home side pulled a goal back through Ian Griffiths on 81 minutes and Matthew Griffiths pulled another goal back on 89 minutes which made for a nervy finish at Bastion Gardens, but it was not enough as Ruthin held on. Penrhyncoch vs Holyhead was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.

READ  STM Sports boss Gardiner says Trophy semi-final is “the most important game for the club”

Featured Image: Will Cheshire

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.