Blaenrhondda 3-2 Treforest: Blaen hold on to secure all 3 points despite being down to 10 men

Bleanrhondda continue their promotion chase with a win against fellow promotion candidates Treforest

Within the first 15 minutes Blaen were in control and looking threatening on the attack, with a shot from Shane Davies, just going past the post, as Blean kept on pressing the Treforest’s defence a penalty was awarded, after a player was brought down in the box.

The penalty was converted comfortably in to the bottom corner by Shane Davies, with a goal to their name, Blaen continued to attack to look for another goal. A shot just outside the box going wide.

However on the 29th minute Blaen were reduced down to 10 men when Lee Owen kicked out after a challenge resulting in him being dismissed.

As the half was drawing to a close, the tempers between both sides were flaring up with a few scuffles on the pitch, Treforest were starting to come back in to the game with a couple of chances going over the bar.

Early in to the second half Blaen looked eager to score with a goal coming after just 5 minutes after the restart with a long ball over the top found the run of Ceiron Beer who took the ball past the goalkeeper and slotted it in to the back of the net.

Blaenrhondda were looking to add another despite being down to 10 men, with a couple of chances in quick succession being blocked by the defence.

Eventually the pressure told and Treforest couldn’t stop a good crossfield ball to Ceiron Beer who secured himself a brace in the 58th minute, with a finish in to the bottom corner.

READ  Dean Morris steps down as Cwmbran Celtic manager

Q uickly after the restart Treforest, reduced the deficit with a shot placed in to the top corner from Callum Holden,

4 minutes after scoring, Treforest won themselves a penalty with the player being bundled down in the box, the penalty was converted well by Gary Bridson.

Treforest were looking for that equaliser to bring both teams level, and came close when the ball was crossed well into the box however Leon Grant couldn’t quite get a touch on to the end of it.

The best chance came on the 89th minute when a long-range shot from Kieran Phillips looked to be going in however Luke Evans in the Blaenrhondda’s goal pulled off a wonderful save to keep Treforest out.

Despite all these cchance,Treforest were unable to grab the goal they needed, with the leagues’ top scores holding on to the victory.

Next up for Treforest is away to Cardiff Airport fc on Saturday, while Blaenrhondda will be back in action on the 2nd of February away to Penrhiwfer AFC

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.