New Saints rule out move for experienced forward Jonathan Stead

Embed from Getty Images

The New Saints have distanced themselves from rumours linking them with experienced Football League forward Jonathan Stead.

The reigning Welsh Premier League champions will be able to strengthen their squad in January but will not be making a move for Stead.

Dai Sport says that rumours linking The New Saints with the 35-year-old striker are far off the mark and that the Welsh Premier League side will not be pursuing the forward.

Stead has been playing professional football since 2002 and accumulated over 600 appearances in the Football League.

On Saturday, the experienced forward scored a brace at Meadow Lane in Notts County’s 3-2 victory over Tranmere Rovers.

This week, Notts County manager Neal Eardley revealed his plans for the January transfer window.

Speaking to the Nottingham Post, Ardley said: “There’s good players here. We have a lot of players. You can’t keep 28 or 29 happy.

“It’s not so desperate here. We might have to move things about. We need clarity on how we want to play.

“I’ve got a clean slate. Everyone wants us to do well. It won’t happen overnight.”

Instead, they are interested in Barry Town United’s Macauley Southam-Hales who has been a standout player for the Dragons this season. It was revealed by Barry Town United manager Gavin Chesterfield last month that Southam-Hales had attracted interest from the Football League.

They are also interested in an unnamed Welsh Premier League left winger.

The New Saints are currently five points behind league leaders the Connah’s Quay Nomads and four points behind second-placed Barry Town United.

READ  LIVE: Crusaders vs. Connah's Quay Nomads

(Featured Image: TuborgLight)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.