Port Talbot moved off the bottom of Division One after a late strike from defender Aaron Bidderscombe sparked jubilant celebrations against Taffs Well from players to the management staff. 

Pen-y-bont vs Afan Lido was the game that started this weekends fixtures, in which former Port Talbot man Liam McCreesh took charge of his first game as Lido manager after Mark Robinson’s resignation.

Christoper Harland would immediately get himself into the new managers good books as he would earn a penalty in which he would dispatch to put the away side up, moments after he would double the lead as he would latch on to Carlos Indjai’s powerful cross to cut inside and fire in to the top corner. The game would be wrapped up before half time as Hartland would seal his hatrick with a free-kick from the edge of the box.

Goytre, Barry Town United and Caerau Ely would all go level on points to make up the top three of the division. Goytre would do that by drawing with Caerau Ely in fact, as the two who are separated on goal difference. Rameer would score from the spot for Caerau.

Barry Town United would make the most of the draw by defeating promoted side Caldicot Town convincingly with a 5-2 scoreline. Luke Cooper would open the scoring to open his account on his debut before Alex Jarman would score to equalise. Tyrelle Webbe would give an immediate response to the goal by putting Barry back in the lead before TJ Naji would score twice to put Barry 4-1 up. Alex Jarman would score his second, but it meant nothing after Louis Gerrard would make it five for the Jenner Park based side infront of a 382 crowd.

READ  Durnin released by Citizens

Goytre United lost out to Cambrian & Clydach today who saw Carn Thomas make his debut for the club, making it thirteen players from the Cambrian Academy to make the step up.

Haverfordwest bounced back from their 4-1 defeat to Penybont last week by beating Monmouth 4-2. Monmouth opened the scoring through Nicky Harry but Steff Williams would reply for the Bluebirds.

Haverfordwest would have it all to do again though as Nicky Harry would double his tally from the spot.  The score would be 2-1 at the break to the home side but Havfordwest would come out with all guns blazing, with Williams doubling his tally before Ashley Bevan would score two as well to top off a great comeback.

Risca suffered their third consecutive loss in a row at home to Ton Pentre, despite opening he scoring at the Centre for Sporting Excellence. Twenty year old Kyle Williams scored for Risca before Sam Small would score in the 12th minute. As the second half began, Ton Pentre would go ahead with a magnificent strike through with Griffiths and Lewis setting up Leon Jacka.

Undy and Cwmbran Celtic who both played in the same division last year as both came up through Division Two met and it was Undy Athletic who were the victors despite the placing of the two teams in the league. Undy were searching for their first win in three after a crushing defeat to Monmouth Town to name as one. Gareth Cullimore would be the man to give the home faithful at Undy, a happy afternoon.

READ  McFenton makes South Wales switch






Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.